Google
 
Web narendraganpule.blogspot.com

Monday, July 17, 2006

Ruminations of an Honest Mind

Events over last few days have put me in a difficult situation.

I truly love India and would be really happy to see it growing in stature on the global platform. As an Indian, I think it’s my duty to contribute my 2 cents. This feeling has so far managed to hold me back in this country.

But then there are events which hugely let me down. Gives me a kind of feeling that am wasting my time here. Gives me a feeling that we are regressive rather than progressive. Gives me a feeling that those occupying seats of power have really nothing to do with the wellbeing of the country and they are merely interested in amassing uncountable personal wealth.

I feel lost. I feel helpless. I feel cheated.

These are the people who collect money from us and what do we get in return?
Lack of safety & Security. Unrest. Bad Roads. Waterlogged Conditions. Bomb blasts. Riots. Floods.
So why do we pay ‘honestly’. Just for administrators to make merry.

People talk about spirit of Mumbai. What spirit are they talking about? It’s a ‘dog’s life’. However kicked, the dog has to come back to his master. He just doesn’t have any choice other than accepting the things the way they are. Is that what you really call ‘resilience’?

Malls & multiplexes is no development. Good infrastructure & high quality of life is.

These are the times when I really feel like voting by my feet.
I feel like taking my whole family with me, just leave this country and settle abroad. At least there is some hope there. People apparently are ‘not rude’.

But to be frank, when I put together my balance sheet later in my life, what would I get. Would I have had done anything for this country? Would I have had done anything for its people? Would I have had taken any pains to correct any of the aspects of my country? And a negative answer would hurt me immensely.

I am torn between devil & deep sea.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home